Episode 005-- The Role of MLS in Domestic Development with Bobby Warshaw
Today I'm speaking with the Pennsylvania native and MLS analyst and contributor, Bobby Warshaw. Bobby was a 3-year captain at Stanford University playing 4 years total for the Cardinal and was drafted 17th overall in the 2011 SuperDraft by FC. Dallas. Bobby went on to play 6 years in the pro ranks both in the United States and in Europe. He was also a member of the U17 Men's National Team in 2005 and is the author of the book, "When the Dream Became Reality" which is an in-depth, no-nonsense look at his soccer career both on and off the field.
- What is the role of MLS in domestic, youth development? Is it a transparent message or a half-hearted attempt?
- What is TAM money and how is it being utilized in MLS? Has it helped or hurt domestic players?
- How are domestic players valued and how do they get more high-level minutes?
- Are young American/Canadian good enough to play right away in MLS?
- The role of the MLS SuperDraft
- Unique solutions to US Soccer's development issue
- What really is the "Beautiful Game?"
- Creativity vs. Simplicity
Links to Resources:
Follow Bobby Warshaw on Twitter @bwarshaw14