Footy Tip: D.I.P.
"Take your Footy development into your own hands and treat each detail like it matters."
D.I.P.= Do It Properly
Whatever you're doing, do it properly. Whether you're out at team, individual or physical training, do it properly.
- Performing each exercise with commitment and not cutting reps short on workouts.
- Running through the finish line and not cutting corners on fitness tests.
- Taking coaching points and trying to understand, examine and implement them into your game.
- Putting full effort into the drill, session and/or instruction in front of you.
- Writing thoughtful, detailed correspondence to influencers you wish to connect with (i.e. players, coaches, experts)
- Showing up to training with the proper gear on, ready for the session.
- Showing up ON TIME.
...And the list goes on.
Take your Footy development into your own hands and treat each detail like it matters. You'll be able to look back and know win/lose, you did everything in your power to prepare.
Footy Tip: Focus on being present in the moment. Don't let your mind wander to other peripheral thoughts and just be where you are. Smile! You are playing the game you love. Now put away all of the background noise and focus on the task at hand.
Go influence the game